Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. is always appreciative of volunteer support and welcomes any enquiry or offer of assistance.
Your volunteer role can be individually tailored to your needs and situation. The main objective of a volunteer experience is that you have fun and feel your contribution is valued.
Some of the ways you can volunteer for and support Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. include:
- Assisting with administrative tasks during working hours in our office (word processing, data entry, mail-outs, photocopying, etc.)
- Operating the Infoline and reception (assisting people with Parkinson’s disease by taking their calls, accessing information for them, etc.)
- Participating in special projects and events (e.g. Seniors Week, Parliament House lunch, outdoor events, etc.)
- Developing our organisation with your business skills (e.g. marketing, public relations, accounting, organisational, secretarial)
- Assisting with organising and/or support of fundraising events
- Share your knowledge and experience of Parkinson’s disease with other groups by joining our Speakers’ Club
- Visit aged care facilities to provide friendship /regular contact for people with Parkinson’s disease.
When you volunteer for Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. you have the opportunity to:
- Receive orientation and ongoing support in your volunteering
- Be treated with respect and valued as an important member of the team
- Use your current personal and professional skills and/or acquire new skills
- Meet new people
- Sample as many or as few experiences as you choose
- Learn more about those affected by Parkinson’s disease in Australia.
To enlist as a volunteer with Parkinson’s Queensland Inc, please phone 1800-644-189 or email email@example.com